Spruce Creek Fly-In Community
Welcome to Spruce Creek, a Gated Country Club, Fly-In Community with 24 hour staffed security and the world’s finest residential air park! We are a PUD (Planned Unit Development) with 30 miles of roads, 14 miles of taxiways, over 1,600 golf, nature and taxiway residences and numerous recreational and environmental areas. Spruce Creek Property Owners Association is the managing entity.
Spruce Creek Airport is a private residential airport restricted to the use of residents and invited guests. Our paved 4000 ft x 200 ft runway is equipped with GPS instrument approach and VASI lights.
Spruce Creek is a truly exceptional place that covers all walks of life, all age groups, all price ranges and any activity you can imagine including children’s recreation, lunch bunch, flying club, garden & nature club, mahjong, bridge, quilting, reading, RV club, Sunday Bikers, Women of Wings, fitness classes, canoeing and fishing.
Our community is located on the edge Port Orange, Florida in unincorporated Volusia County, feeding into excellent schools. It is just minutes to the world’s famous Daytona Beach, shopping, restaurants, churches, and hospitals.
Spruce Creek Country Club Golf, tennis, restaurant, bar, exercise facility, and pool. Golf, sports, social and seasonal memberships are available.
Spruce Creek Airport
Effective 23 November 2006
AUTOMATED UNICOM FREQ 122.750 3 CLICKS FOR RY INFO.
|DEPARTURE: No intersection take off. Climb rwy hdg to 500′ & end of runway. Avoid homes. Rwy 5-Keep South of homes.|
Click chart below for better detail.
Flying to Spruce Creek Airport? Find the distance to fly from AirNav.com.
Rules and Regulations for Fly-In
- CAUTION: Taxiways are DUAL use.
- Be alert for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Consider your prop-wash.
- Use designated run-up areas.
- No simulated emergencies.
- “Touch and Go’s'” limited to five.
- No formation takeoffs or landings.
- Avoid prolonged engine operation in residential areas.
- Complete night proficiency by 10 p.m.
- Tie down all unattended aircraft.
- Show lights in the pattern.
- Helicopters: Watch rotor wash… no hover taxi, landings or takeoff in residential areas.
- ARRIVALS: Report on a 45-degree entry to a LEFT traffic pattern at traffic pattern altitude (800′ MSL)
- Use taxiways. Back taxi on the runway only if wing span is over 40 feet.
- DEPARTURES: Climb straight ahead to minimum 500′ and beyond runway end. Avoid crosswind turn over residential areas. Adjust runway 5 departure path slightly to the right to avoid residential area.